What to wear to a nursing interview

September 16, 2016




I am almost finished with my week two of orientation and feeling really good about my education thus far. The process of on-boarding was a million times better than my application process. Not to mention my actual interview.



As you can tell by the title of this post, I am going to be continuing on with my nursing interview and job tips. I really wanted to tackle what to wear to a nursing interview. This mainly stems from witnessing other interviews and non profession clothing. Looks really do matter. You only have one chance to make a good impression. So make it count.





My general advice is to make sure that almost all of your skin is covered. This means avoiding wearing low cut tops, having a blazer, and choosing the option of longer pencil skirts or pants.

Stay away from an article of clothing that causes you anxiety. If you worried about runs in your pantyhose than opt for pants. If you are worried about the gap between buttons from your breasts, then wear a shirt without buttons. It really does not matter what your sleeves are like because you will not be removing your blazer.

Also, try to shop when items are on sale. My favorite place to get business professional or casual pieces are from Loft. More often then not, they are running a sale. If I seem something I like and it is not on sale, I will add it to my "wishlist" until it is.

Buy pieces in black. Black is timeless and easy to swap it up with new pieces. Accessories with simple additions. For example, a nice watch or pearl earrings.

Remember that you do not want to referred to as the woman or man who wear... Dress for the job you want.

Here are some of my favorites from loft right now.





Post a Comment

Leave your comments here. All comments are reviewed and posted within 48 hours.

Latest Instagrams

© Mighty Nurse Megan. Design by FCD.