Meet me!

August 11, 2016


Since I have been dealing with a lot of changes in my life right now, I thought I would share an updated about me and answer some of your questions.


I asked a couple of days ago on Instagram for some of your questions and it was a blast filming them on video. Maybe I will start doing some more content that way. I love interacting with you all and making more internet friends, so it might be fun. (P.S. If you are ever near me, say hi! OR lets be pen pals!)

Before I share the video, I thought might tell you more about me. I realize some of you might be new to my blog and not sure of who I am. So allow me to introduce myself...



My name is Megan. I am 22 years old and just living life to the fullest. I am a total organizational nut and book junkie. If you scroll through my phone's photos, you will typically find screenshots of books I need to get or new products for my Happy Planner.

During high school, I took a course to receive my CNA license and began working during weekends of my senior year. This was the time I realized that nursing was what I was going to pursue in college. I applied to local colleges near me that had 4-year degree programs for nursing. I ended up selecting a private Christian university in San Diego. It had great moments and not so great moments; but, the experiences I had there will never be forgotten. I recently just graduated, May 7th, and had zero idea about the type of nurse I wanted to be. I always thought I would find my passion during clinicals. Instead, I had a lot of moments where I said, "I could see myself doing this". 




I moved away from San Diego and all my clincial connections to be closer to my family. I have no friends or family in the medical field, so I am starting from nothing. In June I passed my NCLEX successfully on the first try. (I've written multiple posts on this) Not without a lot of tears and sleepless nights. I am so glad to have that behind me. Upon passing the boards, I began to apply to hospitals I wanted to work at near me. It was a stressful process with slim pickings. I did not want to just accept anything to have a job. It needed to be something I was passionate about and a hospital with values that I aligned with. I forgot to mention that San Diego has an abundance of new graduate programs and Orange County has maybe five. I widened my search range and found something perfect. Graduating from nursing school I was told that finding a job is difficult and could take six months. Lucky enough, I found all that in a little over a month. I will be adding great content to the blog for interview prep and applications!




I've been dating this amazing man for awhile. He has a difficult schedule to work with (he is in the military), but we manage. He has been there for me a lot and I am so thankful to have his support and love. My NCLEX results took 10 days and to take my mind off of the results, he took me the mountains. When I got a terrible email about not receiving a job (which was an error), he treated me to a movie date. He is pretty amazing. 

I am proud to call myself a registered nurse, but I am very much a novice. I can still relate to all the nursing students and new graduates. I hope that as I gain more experiences, I will have more insights to share with you on here. 

I consider you all my friends, so make sure to connect with me on social media so I can cheer you on as well.

Thanks for following along this far.



Post a Comment

Leave your comments here. All comments are reviewed and posted within 48 hours.

Latest Instagrams

© Mighty Nurse Megan. Design by FCD.