Saunders Comprehensive Review: NCLEX

July 19, 2015

Hey guys, 

I mentioned in this post that I was planning on working my way through a comprehensive review book for the NCLEX during the summer and throughout the school year. Well I finally decided on a book. And here it is...


Quick reasons why I choose this book. 1. I plan on paying for Kaplan when I graduate so I did not really need to buy a test taking strategy book. 2. I still have a ways till NCLEX so it needed to be something "light". 3. It is always beneficial to brush up on knowledge. Thus a comprehensive review book sounded good to me. 


The book itself is divided into units. Each unit has a pyramid of terms along with some questions at the end of a chapter. The chapters are organized into an outline format with diagrams, boxes, and red exclamation arrows alerting you to something important. 

So how do I plan to actually use the book? Well I am going to go through 1-2 chapters a week. That's it. If at the end of reviewing the chapter I don't pass the quiz with 80% or more than I will review it again. It is as simple as that. I can also use the mental health sections during my spring semester.

Want to know what other supplemental books I have used? Then leave a comment down below! Also tell me what books you have used.






Disclaimer: Images come from Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN examination (6th ed.) by Linda Anne Silverstri.

3 comments

  1. I start the nursing program next month and I bought this book. I'm glad it seems like a good book.... I've had lots of recommendations to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffanie, congrats on getting into nursing school. This book will be a great resource. It really takes the fluff out. If you have any questions during school or want me to make a post on anything please contact me and let me know. I really want to be a resource available for other nursing students.

      Delete
  2. Great blog! I really love the way you share on your knowledge about this field the idea you share is more useful for me.school classes

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here. All comments are reviewed and posted within 48 hours.

Latest Instagrams

© Mighty Nurse Megan. Design by FCD.